-YEAST & CANDIDA-
Please refer to the following article(s) for complete pieces on this topic:
ADHD, ALLERGIES, ASTHMA, & AUTISM
According to Dr. Bock, the four worst foods for autistic kids are:
- Yeast – exacerbates/causes intestinal candidiasis
- Combo of gluten and casein.
Antibiotic overuse – destroys good bacteria and promotes yeast growth
David makes a point here to mention: there is no limit on fruits as long as they are not sweetened, to eat multigrain bread instead, and to avoid yeast which raises the glycemic index of bread.
CREATION OF ALLERGIES
Intestinal hyperpermeability gets some of the blame and it is caused by yeast, alcohol, medications, lingering viruses, bowel dysbiosis, coffee, and food additives, all of which can be easily avoided. When undigested substances leak from our intestinal tract and gain unauthorized access into our circulation, thus being labelled foreign invaders (antigens), allergies are the result. Our body goes into defense and seeks to destroy these antigens while simultaneously creating a databank of these invaders in case they ever decide to return—your body is essentially more prepared next time and will mount a bigger attack, involving much more inflammation and resulting in a more noticeable allergy.
“…it’s fair to say that no other approach to endo (term commonly used for endometriosis) treatment has given as consistent and long-term positive results as has treatment for Candida albicans allergy/infection and its related problems.” Candida has been found to bind with estrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone and can even make us allergic to our very own hormones by creating antibodies against them.
In a study among 40 patients with fibromyalgia where they were tested for food sensitivities as evidenced by immune responses (ELISA/ACT test), the most frequent sensitivities were (in order):
- Candida albicans
- Food coloring
- Dairy products
The treatment group, who had their diets modified according to their specific sensitivities:
- Less pain
- Less depression
- More energy at the three and six month marks.
The control group had:
- Increased pain
- Increased depression
- Similar levels of stiffness and energy, compared to their initial levels, at the three and six month marks.
“Other studies have also shown improvement in fibromyalgia symptoms during periods of fasting or very limited diets (such as raw food or vegan) with worsening symptoms once regular diet resumed. I suspect that any benefit is due to effectively eliminating most common allergens from the diet, rather than to any effect of the diet itself.” She also recommends a diet that is varied or one that does not include the same things every day.
Ginevra’s final thoughts on food and how to make the diet healthier are:
- Increase fiber, fruit, and vegetables.
- Eat organically.
- Minimize processed foods, especially those with additives (MSG, Aspartame).
A healthy gut is so vital to the treatment of this disease. When things get out of whack and bacteria become displaced—traveling from large intestine to the small intestine—causing bacterial overgrowth, what results is diarrhea, bloating, and gas. Candida overgrowth can also occur with the use of antibiotics (kills normal bacteria too), steroids (inflammation), and high sugar diets.
Two small studies were done utilizing a raw food vegetarian diet—mostly fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Those enlisted in this diet show improvement in stiffness, pain, and quality of life. Maybe something else caused such outstanding results, maybe something else caused this: “improvements rapidly disappeared after returning to regular diet.”
“These diets are so different from the average American’s diet that it effectively eliminates all allergens.” In total, certain methods of eating are more than methods, they tend to naturally cure the human body. Eat to live, don’t live to eat and die by doing so.
HEADACHES & MIGRAINES
Here is a list of what David considers common culprits:
10. Fresh Yeast Risen Baked Goods
Then I recalled that I cannot even recall the last memorable headache I ever had. David recommends that you purge them in a genocide-like fashion and possibly reintroduce them down the road. This is where I must get up out of my seat and separate myself from this author. Is this not another quick fix? Is this not contradictory to his earlier remarks?
I don’t want you to fall privy to the reckless abandonment that David encourages. I do however want you to take action, but disable the friendly fire option while doing so. Take that list and eliminate all the processed food items in each category. Trust me, they are no friends of yours.
Next, observe yourself and identify whether or not this elimination has helped. If you still experience the headaches a good duration of the time and if you have not eliminated animal products, sources of caffeine, and fermented items (alcohol included), do so. These are not your friends either.
If you have taken this information to heart and have experienced no relief, you may have a more serious underlying problem and it may be helpful for you to seek additional medical advice and maybe give this book a read to gather and genocide the rest of the foods he peddles as potential skull daggers.
A valid point offered by David: we need to avoid being tricked by our triggers. One day you may get a serious headache, so you resolve to eliminate that substance. A week passes, maybe two, or maybe even just one single day, the temptress awakens your gut and your cravings are yet again temporarily pleased. You may feel great or you may get another attack, but that feeling of superiority could be a false negative.
It is likely that you have lowered the total of your triggers and likely your threshold too, hence why you experienced no pain on this fine day. This false hope and mischievous act of playing with the enemy may not kill you today, but bring the pain it will. These triggers may affect us instantaneously or they may haunt us in two days, and David urges you realize this.
HOW TO AVOID CANDIDA
- Take allergies seriously.
- Use antibiotics only when needed and do not overuse.
- Antibiotics can wipe out the good bacteria which keep it in check, giving rise to super-infections (resistance).
- Antibiotics are also known to be found in animal products (meat).
- Birth control can exacerbate it.
- NSAIDS can lead to inflammation and a leaky gut.
- Balance essential fatty acids.
- Precursors to prostaglandins (moderate inflammation).
- “Slow down production of harmful prostaglandins by reducing the presence of the essential fatty acid precursor arachidonic acid, which is found in abundance in dairy products and meat.”
- Avoid magnesium deficiency.
- Supplement healthy bacteria.
- Avoid use of chemicals, perfumed paper, deodorant soaps and sprays, and other feminine hygiene products.
- Avoid chlorinated pools and spermicides which can cause vaginitis.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Keeps the vagina moist and thus promotes Candida growth.
“But the blessing of the anti-Candida diet is the complete loss of a ‘sweet tooth’.” Mary Lou writes about studies that show how sugar has been shown (200x more) to promote Candida growth. Mold sensitivities can even be triggered by dried fruits, cheese, and frozen fruit juices and this is why she recommends more veggies, whole grains, and the avoidance of sugar and yeast. Unfortunately, she falls victim to the mentality that a little here and a littler there will not hurt and this is why she believes you do not have to give these triggers up forever. My opinion, a poison is a poison forever.
Candidiasis exists harmoniously as part of the natural flora of the digestive tract, in fact, these natural bacteria keep each other in check. But when problems arise and only the symptoms of these problems are treated, yeast infections can grow roots into the intestinal wall and other mucous linings. In doing so, it poisons the bloodstream with mycotoxins—toxins given rise by the fermentation of glucose, proteins, and fats. As it continues to be a menace, our body eventually makes an antibody to the candida. You may not see it yet, glance back a few sentences and let it be re-revealed to you that candida exists naturally, harmoniously, and plays a vital role in digestion.
Some Contributors to Yeast Growth:
- Low gastric juice levels—medications
- Body’s pH becomes to acidic
- “friendly bacteria”→cannot metabolize/control sugar/failure to thrive→yeast feasts on the sugar.
- Low pancreatic enzyme levels
- Incomplete digestion→yeast digests and releases toxins.
- High sugar diet/alcohol intake (broken down into sugar)
- Antibiotics—kill helpful bacteria
- Birth control pills encourage yeast growth
- Hormones raise the amount of sugar in the vagina.
- Pregnancy, menstrual cycle, & menopause too.
- Immunosuppressant drugs—steroids/chemotherapy
- Refined sugar
- Brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- White rice/bread/pasta/flour
…are converted to sugars and fuel a yeast uprising. As the yeast feeds there are rapid shifts in blood sugar levels and the pancreas overreacts by releasing too much insulin. The blood sugar drops and you inevitably crave more food—more fuel for the candida fire—and enter a temporary relief cycle. You eat, but it is never enough. You can splurge, but your condition will only worsen as the relief consistently subsides.
“Instead of turning to medications, you should create an environment that is inhospitable to yeast.”
- “Almost every patient I have ever seen with IBS has had yeast overgrowth as well.”
- “Candidiasis almost never occurs in people with healthy immune systems who eat a diet low in sugar and yeast.”
Richard serves up an excellent analogy to sum up our ineffective approaches in treating candida. Kitchen bugs can be eliminated by spraying pesticides in every nook and cranny and by setting little bug hotels, but this treatment is as effective as our approach in treating any illness with the modern mentality. It is a chronic treatment for an acute problem. Instead of removing the garbage, rotten food, etc…—AKA their food supply and what draws them to your kitchen—we hire a professional and pay them handsomely to nuke our kitchens.
The difference with medical care is the definition of being paid handsomely, but other than that, the approach is as reckless as hiring the exterminator. Temporary relief is achieved. Symptoms are painted over. And you schedule in advance for your next check-up because elimination no longer means to make extinct but to suppress until next month.
IBS – FOODS TO AVOID
3. Brewer’s yeast
4. Baker’s yeast
IBS – LEAKY GUT
To a degree, a leaky gut is how your body can become highly sensitive to foods that most can digest normally. Undigested foods can literally slip through these thin and tiny perforations in the digestive tract and be labelled as antigens. The trouble is that when something is labelled an antigen, it becomes an antigen. It is not as if this substance can slip off its Halloween costume and retain its original identity. Its original identity has not changed, only the body’s perception of that original identity has. It no longer needs a Freddy Krueger mask to scare because it is now recognized as the actual Freddy Krueger.
What causes a leaky gut:
IBS – MEAL PLAN
Banish bread & other yeast foods
- “Strive to consume only whole, unprocessed foods (organic if possible), and prepare them yourself.”
- “Avoid commercially prepared foods, which often contain additives and preservatives.”
- Dietary Reintroduction Phases
- Phase 1 (1-2 weeks)—remove foods
- Phase 2 (3 weeks to 3 months)—rotate and eliminate those that cause reactions
- Phase 3 (lifetime)—maintenance
- “Occasionally you can indulge.”*
- “Our bodies are resilient…”*
*”Occasionally you can indulge.” ”Our bodies are resilient…” The only thing resilient within the confines of Richard’s mind is his willingness to spring back into the war we are seeking to cease. Would you place some trash or rotten foods around the kitchen so that the bugs would come back? Then why would you want to trash your body and indulge in such ignorance.